NOTE TO APPLICANTS: The next round of applications for grants will be due in March. In February, application materials, complete funding guidelines and application procedures will be available on this webpage. We thank you for your patience.
The Native American values of giving and sharing and managing resources in a thoughtful way is nowhere more apparent than in the foundation and operation of the Yocha Dehe Community Fund. The goal of the fund is to help build an improved quality of life for Yolo County residents and Native people, wherever they live.
The fund was established in 2000 as a philanthropic branch of tribal government, and is administered by an executive director, with oversight and direction by the Community Fund Board.
Applicants may be either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Private foundations as defined under Section 509(a) are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have at least three years of operating history.
- Priority is based on the perceived overall benefit to communities in Yolo and Sacramento counties.
- An organization may apply only once a year, regardless of what action is taken.
The Fund generally will not make grants for:
- Debt retirement
- Costs previously acquired or implemented
- Purchase of tickets to benefit events
- Influencing legislation or elections
- Fundraising events; sponsorships
- Athletic events
- Groups or organizations that will re-grant the fund’s gift to other organizations or individuals
- Religious organizations, unless the gift is designated to a program that is secular in nature and benefits a broad range of the community (e.g. soup kitchens and homeless shelters). Additionally, the program must have a formal mission and separate budget and staff.
Application and Deadlines
Applications should be submitted to:
Yocha Dehe Community Fund
18960 County Road 75A
Brooks, CA 95606
Applications should be submitted on or before the deadline by mail or in person. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. The Yocha Dehe Community Fund Committee meets quarterly to consider applications and make funding decisions.
The review and funding schedule for 2009 is as follows:
|REQUEST DEADLINE||NOTIFICATION DEADLINE|
|September 21, 2009||December 2009|
|December 7, 2009||February 2010|