April 13, 2011
The Yocha Dehe Community Fund has supported more than 270 organizations in the past decade.
On April 13, Yocha Dehe Community Fund paid tribute to our incredible community partners at the annual Partners in Philanthropy luncheon. Celebrating the individual and collective achievements of all organizations, the event culminated in an awards presentation to seven outstanding partners.
- Tahtimihn of the Yocha Dehe Award – Center for Land-Based Learning
- Helping People Help Themselves Award – Woodland Volunteer Food Closet
- Education Award – Cristo Rey High School
- Health and Wellness Award – Firefighters Burn Institute
- Native Rights and Tribal Sovereignty Award – Native American Rights Fund
- Steward the Natural Environment Award – Cache Creek Conservancy
- Art and Culture Award – California Indian Basketweavers Association
In 2010 alone, the Yocha Dehe Community Fund provided grants totaling more than $2.4 million to 79 organizations. These grants supported work in areas ranging from healthcare to education, child safety to senior nutrition, Native American rights to the protection of native plants, and many other causes.